- 2 C water
- 1 C homemade chicken stock
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/4 C sherry
- 3 T packed light brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 pieces star anise
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 3 lb pork shoulder
- 1 head cabbage or bok choy
- 1 small package Chinese egg noodles
- Add broth ingredients to slow cooker & mix. Add pork shoulder. Cover & cook on low for 8 hours.
- Pork should be falling apart. Shred with two forks. Roughly chop cabbage, add to slow cooker, and mix into broth. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Mix in egg noodles, cover and cook for 10 minutes.