|Timid Salesmen Have Skinny Kids|
It's everything I like in a cookie: some chocolate, some peanut butter, and some chewiness. I made four batches of these tonight; they're dead simple and delicious. I use a stand mixer, which is great, but you're welcome to use a hand-mixer or your bulging muscles if you like.
- 1 stick butter (room temperature or warmer, but not liquid)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1.5 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- .5 t salt
- 1 C old-fashioned oats
- 2/3 C chocolate chips
- 1/3 C peanut butter chips
- Add butter and brown sugar to bowl. Beat.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat.
- Add dry ingredients. Beat.
- Add oats. Mix.
- Add chocolate and peanut butter chips. Mix.
- Add to cookie sheet in a size that you like. Cook at 350 for 13 minutes. I kept two cookie sheets going at all times, switching the top and bottom sheets at the 6:30 mark.
- Move to cooling rack immediately. Try not to eat the first batch by the time the second batch comes out of the oven.