- 1 onion, chopped
- canola oil
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 batch of Simple White Rice.
- 1/8 C soy sauce
- 1 20oz can crushed pineapple
- 1 10oz can chicken, drained (reserve water)
- Add chopped onion and canola oil to a large skillet. Let cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Add red pepper flakes and heat slightly.
- Add white rice. Plain rice will work fine (my kids prefer it), although I find rice with onion and ginger is especially good. Stir immediately to keep rice from sticking to skillet.
- Add drained chicken to rice. Stir to distribute. If rice is cold or dry, some water from the canned chicken can be added.
- Add 1/8 cup of soy sauce. Stir to distribute.
- Add crushed pineapple, directly from can. Stir to distribute.
That's it. Like I said, it's dead simple. Serve with a green vegetable and call it a day.