- 2 small containers (~3.4oz) of instant french vanilla pudding
- 4 C cold milk, plus another couple tablespoons for topping
- 1 8oz container of whipped topping
- 1 box graham crackers
- 1/2 container of fudge or dark chocolate cake frosting. If you buy milk chocolate cake frosting, you are what's wrong with America.
- In a large mixing bowl, add both containers of pudding mix and four cups of milk. Whisk like crazy until pudding thickens. Add whipped topping and gently whisk together. Over-mixing will take all the air out of the whipped topping, so don't go overboard.
- In a baking dish, add a layer of the graham crackers and a thin layer of pudding mix. Repeat until you run out of graham crackers or pudding mix.
- In a smaller mixing dish, mix the cake frosting with milk to make a pour-able frosting. Cover top layer with frosting, then refrigerate for at least 8 hours. This dish will easily refrigerate overnight.
Because you're using half a container of frosting, this recipe doubles really well. I made it in two disposable tin baking containers (like you'd use for freezer lasagna or something). That sounds like a lot of eclair pie, but you'll be shocked at how quickly it disappears.